Fall is prime time for eBooks, with students going back to school and library patrons cozying up with their favorite eReaders. To help you stock your virtual shelf for the season ahead, in the past month, we’ve added another 40,000 popular and niche eBook and audiobook titles to our ever-expanding catalog of more than 800,000 titles.
To supplement your collection with titles by the publisher partners featured below, log in to Content Reserve. Many of these titles are available for less than $10, with many others under $20.
New School & Children’s eBook & Audiobook Collections for Libraries and Schools
Fall catalogs now available from:
- ABDO Publishing (http://www.abdopub.com)
- Rosen Publishing (www.rosenpublishing.com)
- Lerner Publishing Group (www.lernerbooks.com)
- Capstone Publishers (www.capstonepub.com)
- Capstone Press
- Compass Point Books
- Picture Window Books
- Stone Arch Books: Serves struggling/emergent readers
- Holiday House (http://www.holidayhouse.com/): Newly available publisher—first titles now live!
- Scholastic Audio (http://www.scholastic.com)
- Shell Education (www.shelleducation.com): Offering new eBook catalog for fall; newly available audiobooks include Spanish language content
- National Wildlife Federation (http://www.nwf.org): Video content coming soon
View “Fall Preview for Schools” select list.
Other Notable New eBook & Audiobook Collections for U.S. Libraries and Schools
- University of Texas Press (http://www.utexas.edu/utpress): Produces scholarly works as well as general interest content, focusing on the history, culture, arts and natural history of Texas; view “University of Texas Press” select list.
- Louisiana State University Press (http://www.lsu.edu): With four Pulitzer Prizes, leading scholarly press continues to garner national and international accolades.
- University Press of Kentucky (http://www.kentuckypress.com): Publishes scholarly works in a variety of academic fields as well as general interest books concerning the history and culture of Kentucky, the Ohio Valley region, the Upper South and Appalachia
- Dreamscape Audio (http://www.dreamscapeab.com)
- Macmillan Audio (http://us.macmillan.com/Audio.aspx)
- Author Solutions (http://www.authorsolutions.com/): Newly added; Offers large catalog from independent authors in English and Spanish languages; View select list of New Indie Authors, including several Author Solutions titles
New eBooks for Australia and New Zealand Libraries and Schools
- SPUNC (http://www.spunc.com.au): Distributes great titles from Australia’s smaller presses, including:
- University of Western Australia Publishing (www.uwap.uwa.edu.au)
- Wombat Books (http://www.wombatbooks.com.au)
- Rockpool Publishing (http://www.rockpoolpublishing.com.au)
- Fremantle Press (http://www.fremantlepress.com.au)
- Transit Lounge Publishing (www.transitlounge.com.au)
- Affirm Press (http://www.affirmpress.com.au)
- Harlequin AU (http://www.millsandboon.com.au): Newly available
- Text Publishing (http://www.textpublishing.com.au)
- Coming soon:
- Lemonfizz Media (www.lemonfizzmedia.com): Children’s publisher “creating stories kids love and parents trust”
- Melbourne University Press (http://www.mup.com.au): Offering titles on a wide range of subjects under three divisions—Melbourne University Press, the Miegunyah Press and Victory Books
- SitePoint (http://www.sitepoint.com): Targets the Web professional market, specifically developers and designers
View “Fall Book Preview (AU)” select list.
New eBooks for U.K. and Ireland Libraries and Schools
- Faber Factory (http://www.faber.co.uk): Distributes titles on behalf of the U.K.’s leading midsize and smaller presses, including:
- Allison & Busby (http://www.allisonandbusby.com/): “Small Publisher of BIG Books”; offers a diverse catalog of fiction and non-fiction releases
- Icon Books (http://www.iconbooks.net/)
- Constable & Robinson (http://www.constablerobinson.com): Independent publisher of bestselling fiction and nonfiction
- Nosy Crow (www.nosycrow.com): IPG Children’s Publisher of the Year
- Biteback Publishing (http://www.bitebackpublishing.com/): “Britain’s leading political publisher”
- Aurum Press (http://www.aurumpress.co.uk): Publishes an exceptional range of high-quality general non-fiction, with a focus on history, entertainment and sport
- Atlantic Books Ltd (http://www.atlantic-books.co.uk/): Leading independent British publisher offering quality content
- Severn House Publishing (http://www.severnhouse.com/): Fiction publisher, focused on crime/mystery, thrillers, romance and history
- Accent Press (http://www.accentpress.co.uk/): “Feisty, independent publishing”
- Profile Books (www.profilebooks.com): Publishes stimulating non-fiction; recently approved all titles for library sale
View “Fall Book Preview (U.K.)” select list.
Other Notable Additions
- ePubDirect (http://www.epubdirect.com/): Ireland-based aggregator works with diverse group of international publishers, including:
- Arcturus Publishing Limited (http://www.arcturuspublishing.com): Offers diverse range of non-fiction titles covering reference, practical art, new age, classics, puzzles and children’s books
- Carysfort Press (http://www.carysfortpress.com/): Publishes contemporary writing for and about the theatre
- Cork University Press (http://www.corkuniversitypress.com/): Imprints include Attic Press and Atrium
- Gill & Macmillan (http://www.gillmacmillan.ie/)
- Mercier Press (http://www.mercierpress.ie/): Focuses on Irish culture and history
- Oak Tree Press (http://www.oaktreebooks.com/)
- Original Writing (http://originalwriting.ie/): Self-publisher based in Ireland
- Pustak Mahal (http://www.pustakmahal.com/): “India’s largest publisher of mass appeal books”
- The Collins Press (http://www.collinspress.ie/)
- YouScribe (http://en.youscribe.com/)
Michael Lovett is Public Relations and Social Media Specialist at OverDrive.
| Leave a comment