Adding to the many reasons I love October—crunchy leaves, apple cider, Halloween, Oktoberfest, pumpkin-flavored anything—October is also Adopt-A-Dog Month®. Whether your patrons are looking for help housebreaking their pooch or simply looking for a doggone good read, you can help spread the puppy love in your community by stocking up on these great eBooks and audiobooks.
For those on the fence about getting a dog, these titles will pull at your heartstrings:
- “The Dogs Who Found Me: What I’ve Learned from Pets Who Were Left”
- “Bad to the Bone: Memoir of a Rebel Doggie Blogger”
- “Dog Is My Co-Pilot”
- “Amazing Gracie: A Dog’s Tale “
- “Dogs and the Women Who Love Them: Extraordinary True Stories of Love, Healing, and Inspiration “
- “You Had Me at Woof: How Dogs Taught Me the Secrets of Happiness”
For the kids (As if they need another reason to ask for a dog—queue the “buuuut mom, pleeeease” choir):
For those who are ready to adopt, here are some excellent resources for training their new friend:
- “The Other End of the Leash: Why We Do What We Do Around Dogs”
- “How to Be Your Dog’s Best Friend: A Training Manual for Dog Owners”
- “The Art of Raising a Puppy”
Finally, an all-time favorite combining dogs and Halloween:
Take it from me; adopting a dog is one of the best choices I’ve ever made! Who can ask for anything more than a smiling face and wagging tail as a greeting after a hard day’s work? Thanks for everything, Stevie!
Stock your digital collection with these titles and more! Remember you can always reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance with collection development.
Cassie Renner is a Marketing & Outreach Specialist at OverDrive.
| Leave a comment