More than 6,000 of you joined us for live panel presentations of “Next Generation Digital Library” during Training Month 2012. Throughout September, we dug into the details of OverDrive Read, previewed the faster, streamlined Content Reserve, and discussed other Next Generation service enhancements.
And now, for the most important Training Month announcement of all: the winners of the raffle quiz! Over 1,200 partners qualified for the raffle by receiving perfect scores on the quiz—nice work! The winners—chosen at random—are:
Grand Prize (Receives OverDrive Media Station, complete with touchscreen monitor):
Runners Up (each receives collection credit of $500):
- Jenny Omstead/ Brampton Library (Ontario, Canada)
- David Hamblin/ Northeast Texas Digital Consortium
- Amy Rodda/ Pikes Peak Library District (Colorado Springs, Colo.)
- Joan Kyriazis/ Hurstville Library Service (New South Wales, Australia)
- Bonnie Lauver/ Southern Virginia Libraries United Electronically
Nancy Higgs/ Evansville Vanderburgh Public Library (Evansville, Ind.)
Tablet Winners (choice of Nexus 7 tablet, BlackBerry Playbook, or Kobo Vox):
- RoseAnn Vonesh/ Media on Demand (Burr Ridge, Iowa)
- Barbara Black/ Iowa City Public Library
- Jason Ladick/ Live-brary.com (Bellport, N.Y.)
Congratulations to all the winners! For those who were unable to attend, we’ve got you covered. After seeing the thousands of views that our new on-demand modules have received, we’ve decided to keep them available. We’re also offering a recorded version of “Next Generation Digital Library” on the View Now page of the Learning Center through the end of the year.
We’d like to sincerely thank everyone who helped make Training Month 2012 a tremendous success, especially all of you who participated. We appreciate all the feedback, which will help us make Training Month 2013 even better. We hope you’re as excited as we are for OverDrive’s Next Generation!
Beau Livengood is a Training Associate at OverDrive.
| Leave a comment