Our previous post touched on some of the highlights of Digipalooza ‘13 including presentations given on topics including Big Data trends, the latest partnerships OverDrive has formed, what’s coming next from major publishers and a memorable keynote speech by Mitch Albom. An important message came on Friday morning when it was announced that OverDrive Media Console v3.0 will be released on August 20th.
OMC v3.0 has been completely redesigned with a focus on the user experience. The Next Generation of OMC will feature:
- A redesigned user interface with an all-new look, streamlined navigation and a one-stop reorganized menu. App functions are just a swipe and tap away.
- Users will be able to sync bookmarks and reading progress across multiple devices using a free, opt-in registration service called OverDrive One.
- Variable speed playback for iOS. Audiobook users’ most requested feature.
- First run tutorial screens. The app now prompts first time users to add libraries and get books.
- System Requirements: OMC v3.0 for Android users requires Android OS v4.0 (or newer). OMC for Android v2.6.5 will remain available for download. OMC for iOS requires iOS 6 (or newer).
To help prepare your staff and users we will be providing helpful information about the new features here on the blog and through the help articles and videos which will be updated when the new version becomes available.
To inform your patrons about the new features, experience and updates we have created an email template and social media posts for you to share with your users. You can find those on the partner’s portal here: http://partners.overdrive.com/marketing-outreach/
OverDrive Media Console v3.0 will offer an entirely redesigned user experience focusing around taps and swipes. You’ll never be more than one movement away from reading your titles, managing your accounts or accessing your library’s digital collection. You can preview OMC v3.0 here now!
Adam Sockel is a Marketing Communications Specialist with OverDrive
| Leave a comment